40 new teaching professionals receive a Comenius grant of 50.000 euros. The Ministry of Education, Culture and Science provided the budget for these grants. The grants allow teaching professionals to innovate education within their own courses. The Teaching Fellows will become members of the ComeniusNetwork. Thanks to this network, the entire Higher Education sector will be able to benefit from innovations achieved with the support of the Comenius Programme.
The aim of the Comenius Programme is to help teaching professionals put their ideas to innovate education into practice. By facilitating a wide range of educational innovations each year, the programme contributes to the improvement of Higher Education in the Netherlands. Furthermore, by demonstrably valuing excellent and inspired teaching, the Dutch Ministry of Education is keen to contribute to more variety in the careers of teachers and researchers at universities and universities of applied sciences.
There are three types of Comenius grants for teaching professionals. Different requirements apply for each grant regarding the appointment, position and experience of the main applicant.
- Teaching Fellows, for innovation within a single module or educational unit (50,000 euros).
- Senior Fellows, for innovation within an entire degree programme (100,000 euros).
- Leadership Fellows, for innovation aimed at several faculties or at an entire institution (500,000 euros).
Themes for 2020
The Fellows could submit their proposals for one of the following themes:
- Inclusive education
- Bildung/ personal development
- Connection with society
- Open theme– the entire scope of The value(s) of Knowledge