How to reach us
The NWO buildings are opposite Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indië station (‘station Den Haag Laan van NOI’). Coming from Schiphol it is a 30-35 minutes journey with direct trains departing every 15 minutes.
There are three alternatives for visitors whose train does not stop at station Laan van NOI:
- Trains go directly from Den Haag HS station to station Laan van NOI.
- You can take RandstadRail 2 from Den Haag Central Station (direction Leidschendam-Leidsenhage); alight at Stuyvesantstraat or station Laan van NOI.
- From Den Haag Central Station, you can also take one of the trains in the direction of Amsterdam that stop at station Den Haag Laan van NOI.
- From Den Haag Central Station, you can also take RandstadRail lines 3 or 4 (direction Zoetermeer) or metro line E (direction Rotterdam).
- Rotterdam: A13, A4, A12
- Amsterdam: A4, A12
- Utrecht: A12
After entering The Hague via the A12 (‘Utrechtsebaan’) take exit 3, signed ‘Bezuidenhout-Mariahoeve’. At the traffic lights turn right, then carry straight on (‘Schenkkade’). The second major road you cross is Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indië. You will see our Java Building on the right on the other side of the crossroads.
From Amsterdam/Leiden take the A44/N44, following signs for Den Haag. On entering the city follow signs for Voorburg-Leidschendam. You will see the Java Building on your left, just before the railway bridge.
A limited amount of parking space is available beneath the Java building. Entrance to the car park is on the Anna van Saksenlaan. Approach via Schenkkade and take the first right.
Please note that if you use a GPS unit, it is recommended to enter the address Anna van Saksenlaan 10, NL-2593 HT, The Hague. On your right, you will see the NWO car park entrance.
RandstadRail (The Hague area)
- lines 3 and 4 (direction Zoetermeer) and metro line E (4 (direction Rotterdam) (stop: Station Laan van NOI)
Public transport within The Hague
- RandstadRail 2 (stop: Station Laan van NOI)
- bus 23 (stop: Station Laan van NOI)
- ZWN bus 45, 132 (stop: Haagse Poort)
- Interliner ZWN lines 380, 382 (stop: Haagse Poort)